Where and what to buy for new lacrosse players
Selecting the proper gear for your child can be a daunting task. We're here to guide you through the process, so you'll be an expert in no time.
Boys' Gear list:
- Arm Guards or Pads
- Shoulder pads
- Mouth guard
- Athletic cup
- Rib pads (optional)
- Gear bag (optional)
When shopping for your son's first set of gear, please consider the following:
- There are three levels of protection for a player's arms: arm guards, arm pads and elbow guards/pads. We do not recommend elbow guards/pads for youth lacrosse.
- When your child reaches the U12 age bracket, it may be time to consider a backup stick. Your son should be using his stick 2-3 times per week outside of regularly scheduled practices by this point.
- U8 & U10 Boys should consider youth sized sticks by StringKing, Powell, Signature or Warrior
- SIZING: https://www.sportstop.com/size-charts
- Helmet brands have varying shelf lives according to the manufacturer. Cascade helmets are generally good for 1-2 years before requiring a recertification. Warrior helmets are certified for 5 years from the date of manufacturer. Always best to buy a new or lightly used helmet for your son.
Sample Youth Lacrosse Gear Set for U8/U10 minus cleats, mouthguard and cup:
- $62.50 https://lacrosse4all.com/cpv-lax-helmet/ or $69.99 https://www.bobwards.com/stx-mens-stallion-650-lacrosse-helmet-152680
- $20 https://lacrosse4all.com/impact-shoulder-pad/
- $26 https://lacrosse4all.com/monster-lax-bag/
- $9 https://lacrosse4all.com/nation-tank-arm-guard/
- $30 https://lacrosse4all.com/maybach-deuce-glove/
- $50 https://signaturelacrosse.com/products/universal-complete-jr28
- $65 https://powelllacrosse.com/product/the-scout/
- $70 https://stringking.com/mens-lacrosse/sticks/complete-2-jr/ (Contact us for additional discount)
Where to buy:
- There are tons of sites to buy lacrosse gear, the following list is not exhaustive but represents a group of companies we've used in the past.
- Always check clearance sections for the previous year's model of gear, this will save you money in upfront costs.
- Play it Again Sports in Fayetteville
- Sideline Swap/Craigslist/Let Go/Facebook Marketplace
- Amazon returns and open box items: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=lacrosse&i=warehouse-deals&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
- Walmart's Associate Store